AirTag claims that it provides over a year of battery life with everyday use. But that doesn’t mean Apple hasn’t provided an option to monitor your AirTag’s battery life. Your Apple device will alert you with a notification when your AirTag’s battery is low so that you can arrange for its replacement. Additionally, there’s an easy way to replace your AirTag’s existing battery. Apple’s AirTag has a CR2032 battery that is user replaceable and is widely available through online or offline stores near you.
How to Check AirTag Battery Life
Before getting started with the steps to check your AirTag’s battery life, it’s important to note what the device should be connected to? find my app, Yours Apple device, which can be a iPhone, ipad, or a MacMust also be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular internet to provide accurate details. If these two conditions are met, then you can proceed with the below steps.
Open Find My app on your Apple device.
Now, tap on the name of your AirTag. You’ll see the battery status right after the name and location of the AirTag.
Apple doesn’t provide an option to see the exact percentage of battery left on your AirTag. However, the battery status available through the Find My app is enough to suggest when you might need its replacement.
How to replace AirTag battery
You can replace your AirTag battery in just a few steps. Before beginning the replacement process, make sure you have removed the AirTag from the accessory or case to which it is attached.
- Hold the AirTag with the stainless steel battery cover facing you.
- Push the cover down and turn it counterclockwise until it stops rotating.
- Release your fingers. The battery cover will now pop up.
- Pull off the cover and remove the battery, and then insert a new one with the positive side of the battery facing you.
- Once the battery is in place, re-attach the cover by connecting the three tabs on the cover with the available slots on your airtag and pressing it down with a slight pressure.
- AirTag will now play a song to indicate a new battery is connected.
- Turn the cover clockwise until it stops.
Keep the original battery away from children and dispose of it properly.
MSI GE76 Raider, GE66 Raider, GS66 stealth gaming laptops with Intel Core H-Series CPUs launched in India