After India receives both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, the government issues a vaccine certificate which serves as an official document that you have been vaccinated. When you receive the first shot, you receive a provisional vaccine certificate, and once you receive the second dose, you are provided with a final vaccine certificate. These certificates have a unique 13-digit beneficiary reference ID through which you can access all your vaccine details like date of dosage, name of vaccine, name of health officer who vaccinated you and vaccination location. But, if your vaccine certificate is showing errors in your name, year of birth, gender or photo ID number, you can now edit the certificate and download a new one.
Earlier there was no way to rectify the mistakes in the certificate but now the center has released a much needed feature on the COWIN website so that you can edit your vaccine certificate, However, you are only allowed to edit once, and when you have made the changes, your old certificate will be deleted and you will be issued a revised Final Commentary Certificate. So, make sure that you have entered the correct details this time as you will not be able to correct these errors again.
Now let’s see how you can edit your Vaccine Certificate on the COWIN website.
How to make changes in Vaccine Certificate
1. Open and tap on COWIN.gov.in Register/Sign in by yourself At the top.
2. Now, enter the mobile number that you registered for vaccination and tap get otp,
3. Enter the OTP you have received and tap check and proceed, Then, tap raise an issue Options at the top > Select Members > Select certificate correction,
4. Under Self-correction, select the details you want to edit in your Vaccine Certificate. But, it is to be noted that you can edit only two things out of your name, date of birth, gender and Aadhar card number / PAN card / passport number.
5. Enter the correct information > Tap to continue > tap to present or to show,