Switching from Android phone to iPhone can be a daunting experience. It is an entirely different ecosystem, one that is more specialized and tightly wound. However, there are a few ways you can make the transition easier in terms of transferring data. While the two ecosystems are completely different, a Google Account can be a common place that can help you move your data, including contacts. And, there are other tools specially designed for this. Read on to know how you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone.
Android Users can transfer their contacts to an iPhone using a few different methods. they can do this by using Go to iOS App developed by Apple Specifically to help you transfer your data. This app can be used while you are setting up your iPhone. User is a normal . can also use Google account, manually transfer contacts via a VCF file, or use a SIM card to transfer them to your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using the Move to iOS App
Download the Move to iOS app from the Google Play store on your Android phone.
Open the app and tap to continue.
You will be greeted by the Terms and Conditions. tap on agree with,
The app will then ask for location permissions, access to contacts, calendar, storage and SMS, which you will need to provide.
On the Find Your Code screen, tap to continue. You will then be asked to enter a code.
Go to your iPhone and during the setup process, you will see a move data from android the option. Tap on it.
You will get a ten digit or six digit code. Enter this code on your Android phone.
You should now see a Transfer Data screen that asks you to select the content you want to transfer. Choose contact, Tap More with whatever data you want to transfer next,
Leave both devices inactive until the loading bar on your iPhone is gone.
Once the loading bar is complete, tap on What happened on your Android phone and to continue on your iPhone to complete the setup process.
- First make sure your contacts are synced with your Google Account. To do this, head Adjustment on your Android phone. Also, make sure you have an active internet connection.
- scroll down Accounts And tap on your Google Account.
- tap on account sync And either tap on the three dots menu to sync everything or switch the contacts toggle off and then on again to sync contacts.
- Go to your iPhone and go to Adjustment,
- tap on Match and then tap Accounts,
- tap on add account And enter the same Google account as your Android phone. Make sure the Contacts toggle is on.
- You Android Contacts should now be visible on your iPhone.
- On your Android phone, go to the Contacts app.
- tap on gear icon Or three point menu to select import Export the option.
- You should see two options here, tap on Export to .vcf file, These options may vary on different Android phones.
- This will create a VCF file of your contacts in your phone’s storage.
- Send this file to your iPhone either using iTunes or simply by mailing it to yourself and using the same mail account on your iPhone to download it. There are few different ways by which you can send VCF file to your iPhone which you can refer This guide.
- Open the VCF file and you should see an option add all contacts, Tap on it.
- Your contacts should be visible on your iPhone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone Using Sim Card
- On your Android phone, go to the Contacts app and tap on gear icon Or three point menu,
- tap on sim card contact And if you have a dual-SIM phone, select the SIM card that you will use on your iPhone.
- tap on three point menu choose more import from phone,
- You will be asked to choose which contacts you want to transfer to the phone. You can use the Select All option to move all the contacts or select them individually. Then, tap What happened,
- When the process is complete, remove the SIM card and insert it into your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, go to Adjustment tap more contact,
- tap on import SIM Contacts And wait for the process to complete.
- Your contacts should now be visible on your iPhone.